Monday 9 October 2023

Another Day 3

Day 3.9th October 2023 It is unimaginable. Last evening, parents, family, of the hostagesand missing, held a press conference and told how their children called them asthe situation became apparent and while they were on the phone, they heard theirterrified voices, tears, shots and the jubilant shouts of the terrorists asthey kidnapped them or worse. Facebook is covered in photos of young people whowere at the Nature Party and are now missingWe still don’t know the numbers of those kidnapped in factyou probably see more than we do. We know that whole families, the elderly andinfirm, babies, teenagers, Germans, Americans, Brits……all hostages to the mostdepraved act of cruelty seen in a long time. “Choser Onim” helplessness wasnever in the Israeli lexicon, we always knew what to do, we always knew …………this new feeling is terrifying.The Israeli Druze are an essential part of Israeli societyand the town of Daliyat Al Carmel has opened its doors, homes and hearts toanyone from the south that needs safe haven, warmth.The rumble of fighter aeroplanes filled the night air, oneafter another, a constant reminder that we have no option but to fight with allour might. No, our aim is not to raze Gaza to the ground, but to make Hamas andtheir hateful ilk pay for their determination to kill Jews in the ghastliestmanner imaginable – to make them pay for a heinous crime. Since they havesuccessfully avoided creating a state, they are not subject to the GenevaConvention and cannot be held legally responsible. We needed some groceries soI decided to pop out to our local supermarket, 5 minutes away. It wasabsolutely packed with lines 20-30 long at the check-outs, shelves emptyingfast, no fresh fruit, but I decided to do it anyway. I managed to get all ofthe things I wanted, then as I was headed for the bread counter the tannoycalled out “Red Alert” and asked us all to go into the secure room whichhappens to be the synagogue of the supermarket. People were nervous and testybut did as we were told. I found myself, together with a lovely man who gave mehis seat, as the baby entertainer successfully achieving smiles from relievedmothers too. I decided that there was nothing so urgent that was worth beingoutside the house and, ashamed as I am to tell you, I simply left my trolleyand headed home. Of course, this is me and drama tends to follow me around so,I got into the lift (elevator) and headed for the car, when suddenly the ladynext to me leant on her husband and then fainted. With the help of a kind ladywe lay her on the floor, determinedly keeping the lift doors open to give herair and I ran off to find water. I called out to several people until one mansaid yes – he had plenty and rushed to his car coming back with water. There wereenough people helping her so I left for home.We truly appreciate the Israel flag that so many countrieshave displayed on their public buildings and the words of support expressed bytheir leaders, but our concern is the days to follow when we do whatever isneeded to destroy Hamas. Already “pro-Palestinian” rallies are alreadyappearing outside the White House, Times Square, London’s Edgware Road andcentral areas of many towns and cities around the globe. I am sad to say that the“success” of Hamas will have repercussions worldwide.With love, as always, Sheila -- If the media does not inform us we must inform the mediaMy Website http://www.theviewfrommyveranda.info/Facebook      Sheila Silver Raviv Involvement   http://www.impact-se.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment